Subject: [Leica] Re: [russiancamera] Zorki Stereo Rig
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@telinco.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 01:37:18 -0000

Marc James Small wrote:

> I was gifted a KMZ-produced stereo beamsplitter kit by a fellow in Moscow.
> It arrived today.  Most interesting!  '57 production date.  It came in a
> box with a battleship-strong stereo viewer and a printing easel for the
> stereo pairs.
>
> Now, all I need is a Zorki camera.  All my Leicas (IIIc, M3 DS, M6) are
> long-wheelbase models, and this was designed for the earlier LTM cameras
> which are a trifle less wide.

Congratulations, I just paid $130 for one for the Kiev - just the
beamsplitter, case and strap. It uses the outer bayonet of the camera so it
can only be used with the 50mm f2 Jupiter, the Helios is just too big to fit
inside.

On a slightly related topic, I discovered that the Helios won't fit my Kiev
3A as it won't go far enough into the lens mount. It's not just a bit too
tight - there's harsh metal-to-metal contact preventing it.

Regards,
- - Keith Berry