Subject: RE: [Leica] Any comments on Leica CL??
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:28:56 -0500

Greetings Matias!

	My experience owning and using a CL for about five years was bad.
First of all, the meter cell kept falling off the stalk and a couple of
times jammed the shutter.  Leica used too brittle an adhesive to attach it.
The front mounted shutter speed dial twice took quite a ding and had to have
an extensive repair.  I do not like the vertical hang of the camera
suspended by the side mounted strap lugs.  I found it too small for my hands
and kept getting grime on the viewfinder.  The companion 40 and 90 lenses
were terrific, but I would use caution in considering use of any other lens
with the CL's short based rangefinder, certainly not a f2.8 or 2.0/90mm or
any Summilux.

	I find that an M series Leica with a pre-aspheric f2.0/35 to be a
small, even pocketable kit which obviates all of my problems with the CL.
If you need to retain a compact kit and want a longer lens, consider the
f4.0/90 Elmar-C made for the CL or the "f2.8 "Skinny" Tele-Elmarit-M on an M
body.

	This of course was my experience.  Others love the CL.

		Good luck in your choice,

		Buzz Hausner