Subject: [Leica] problem with my M6
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:25:16 -0500

I have a problem with my M6 and I'm hoping someone here knows what is
happening.

Please check out http://www.photoartworld.com/m6.jpg for an example frame
that shows the problem.

The image is fairly large (about 146k) as I want the problem to be clearly
visible.  As you can see, there is a thin overexposed verticle band approx
1/2 mm in width (in real life) and about 1/2 mm from the right edge of the
frame.  The band extends a bit out of the frame and there appears to be
some flaring or something to the left of the band.

When using the camera, I noticed that occasionally (and especially when it
was cold) after releasing the shutter, the wind mechanism wouldn't work.  I
would have to jiggle it repeatedly until the wind lever would engage.  I
didn't try forcing it excessively.  This would happen repeatedly.  Also,
while the wind lever was stuck, the meter continued to work (ie, the
shutter was released and the white spot hidden, yet I could still see the
red LED'd lit in the viewfinder.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Dan C.

ps...the image was taken with my Voigtlander 12mm

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] problem with my M6)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] problem with my M6)