Subject: RE: [Leica] photoshop upgrade?
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 13:39:14 -0500

I grabbed it a couple of days ago following a link to Adobe in the
filmscanner list.  It installed without problem, but as I said before, I
haven't had time to mess around with it.

For what it's worth, here's the contents of the readme file:

The most significant fixes in the 6.0.1 release include:
- - The painting tool brush picker has new usability improvements including:
      - Enter brings up and dismisses the preset picker at the current
mouse location
      - Double-clicking a brush in the picker selects the brush and
dismisses the picker
      - The current brush is always highlighted in the preset picker
      - The current brush indicator always displays the brush size
      - The First Brush and Last Brush keyboard shortcuts (> and <) work
regardless of
          whether the current brush exactly matches a preset brush
- - Image clipping paths in EPS and TIFF files saved from Photoshop 6.0.1
have been modified so that software, such as QuarkXPress, is able to read them.
- - ImageReady is able to save and preview animations under constrained
memory conditions.
- - There is no slow-down of performance when files in the Open Recent list
are unavailable.
- - Batch file naming works correctly.
- - Export Paths to Illustrator retains path scaling.
- - Using certain tools, such as the Move, Marquee, or Lasso tool, after
using the Open, Save and Print commands no longer generates a Program Error
dialog.
- - Selecting a single color in Color Range now works correctly.
- - Online help is accessible for more web browser configurations.
- - New Japanese character map (CMap) files are included to resolve conflicts
with ImageStyler 1.0 and PageMaker 6.5.2 Plus.
- - Memory usage behavior is better on all Windows OSes; the network should
no longer become unavailable when Photoshop is running.
- - Showing and hiding edges for a selection no longer requires pressing
Ctrl-H twice.

Chandos

At 11:14 AM 3/3/01 -0700, you wrote:

> > It's published.  Minor tweaks as far as I can tell, but I've been
> > so bloody
> > busy I haven't had much time to play around with 6.0, let alone
> > the upgrade.
> >
> > Chandos
>

>Not as of today, according to my Adobe contact, who is one of the names that
>runs by when you start up Photoshop. It still hasn't been finalized. The
>patch people have already downloaded isn't complete.
>
>Though if you point me to a site which actually has it on, I would be
>interested.
>

>Tim A

Chandos Michael Brown
History and American Studies