Subject: [Leica] R zoom questions
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:36:09 EST

I am looking for a short zoom for my R outfit. Since the 35-70 2.8 isn't an
option due to lack of availability from Leica, and my lack of dollars to pay
for it, what do folks like best in what is already out there? Is the 35-70/4
significantly better than the 28-70, or the 3.5 35-70? They all seem pretty
close in price used. I'd like a non-rotating front element if possible, but
that's not an absolute necessity.

I'm also looking to add a longer zoom in a few months, not the 2.8 model. Are
the older lenses respectable, or do I need to spend the bucks on the 80-200/4?

Right now I have R6 and R8 bodies, 24, 35 Summicron, 90 Summicron, 180.

Thanks for your ideas.

Scott Stewart

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] R zoom questions)