Subject: Re: [Leica] Are UV filters "safety glasses" for the lens?
From: "BT" <smpat@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:01:49 -0000

Without risking a public opinion on the merits of filter use, I recall that
when I bought my first 35 Summilux (black M3 model, would that I had it
today...) I was annoyed by the lack of a filter thread, and the need to
insert a filter in the hood. I quickly came to appreciate the "instant off"
filter, though.

Other older Leica  clip-on hoods also offer the provision for quick
use/removal of series filters. Seems a pity the more modern fast lenses
don't provide this option.

Steve Patriquen
London

KNOW BURL IVES?