Subject: RE: [Leica] OT MF RF
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:30:53 -0500

> Austin,
>
> I asked Rick Nordin about this and he mentioned that the 110 had a slight
> re-formulation when it when to the FE designation. The F was the first
> version and it went through a minor modification when it became  the FE
> designation.  The current  version has the newer flare control
> internally, but is the same formula as the 2nd version. A couple of the
> technicans at Hasselblad  also confirmed this to me when I asked at the
> PhotoPlus Show.
>

> Evan

I know Rick, and will ask him about this.  I have all the info on these
lenses, and it is neither mentioned, nor shown, anywhere (even in Rick's
book) that there was any reformulation.  You could be right, but there is no
public evidence of this that I am aware of.

Even if that were true, it has still been available for 24 years for the
Hasselblad, which was the point.  It is not a 'new' lense.