Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT - Request Info On Flatbed Scanner
From: "Bill Campbell" <billc@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:53:05 -0500

Hi Everyone,

In my continuing pursuit of building a digital darkroom, I'm ready to
acquire a scanner. Not a film scanner per se, but a flatbed scanner capable
of scanning slides/negs too (hopefully <g>).

I like to query the list for collective experiences with flatbed scanners,
what are you using, and how do you like it?

At this juncture, I can't justify the cost of a film scanner (maybe down the
road), but I'd like to purchase a flatbed scanner that can also do 35mm
slides/negs.

It would be connected to a Win98 box, I'd like to go with USB, and I was
planning on spending around $300 (I know, I know, but I'm still at the
*hobby* stage), if I *really* get into it, at a latter date, I can always
buy a film scanner and use my flatbed for prints <g>

Thanks in advance to replies/advice.

Bill

PS Just recently purchased an Epson 870 printer, love the color! For anyone
interested, CompUSA has a $70 instant rebate that brings the price down to
app $179

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Slightly OT - Request Info On Flatbed Scanner)