Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 HM choice
From: "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:40:29 -0000

Simon

As Nathan commented the shutter speed dial indeed turns in the opposite
direction - but as a first time M6 user this seemed more logical since the
movement is in the same direction which the meter lights need to go - simple
huh?

There is also an "off" position - which has been the subject of lengthy
comment in the past. - I rarely use it except when putting the camera away
for some days at a time - and even then only if I remember :-)))))))))

If  you are used to the more traditional direction of rotation or had one of
each type life might get confusing ;-))

The other point you might want to consider is whether you will miss the 28mm
frame lines - I wear glasses and have some slight trouble seeing the 35mm
lines - but for speed and non-critical work am happy to accept that the
edges of the viewfinder
give about the same framing (even though you lose the ability to see whats
just out of the frame).

In making my choice for the .85 I thought I would prefer to have a larger
area within the frame lines for 35mm up (particularly for 135mm use).

Like you I dont use flash - except on odd occasions - and then I find being
able to let the the TTL flash sort an acceptable settign out for itself,
with minimal interference from me very comforting.

Hope this helps rather than confuses!

Regards

Clive Sanbrook