Subject: Re: [Leica] Paris in March / Trinovid
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2001 14:01:51 -0500

At 06:22 PM 2/4/01 +0000, you wrote:
>I have just got back from West Africa where I used a mix of Agfa CT100 and
>Fuji Provia 100F. Whilst there is no doubt that the Provia is a wonderful
>film the contrast levels were very high and have caused me a problem. My
>understanding is that Velvia is much the same and you may have similar
>problems in Tunisia.
>
>Gerry

Hi, Gerry -

I used Provia 100F in East Africa last month and found the opposite.  I was
concerned about the possible high contrast with black skin and bright sun,
but the Provia 100F turned out to be great.  I didn't process it any
differently than other E-6 films but the contrast is much less than Velvia
or even the earlier Provia.  All of the Kenya photos on this page are on
Provia 100F:

http://main.nc.us/openstudio/tinamanley/Photo%20of%20Week/photo.htm

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP