Subject: Re: [Leica] Stroboframe anti-twist plate for R8 Motor Drive
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 04:07:21 +0800

I use the Stroboframe "Flip" on my R8's, each of which is configured with
a Motor Drive, and I find that the combination works fine. The thumb bolt
used to tighten the frame against the motor drive bottom plate tightens
enough to hold the Stroboframe in a steady position no matter how much
torque I put on the combination. No need for an anti-twist plate. I also
have the Metz SCA 3501 coupled with the SCA 3007A module that allows
flash off camera; the flash is mounted on the Stroboframe in this case to
help reduce redeye as well as to be able to "flip" the flash to another
position. The Stroboframe clears the rather bulky height of the
R8/Drive/SCA3501/SCA3007A stack.

Jim Nelon