Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V19 #78
From: "Craig Semetko" <csemetko@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 07:03:22 -0800

Frank,

Here's an excerpt from the National Geographic Photography Field Guide (a
great little book if for nothing other than the pieces on photographers
themselves)

"Sam Abell is not interested in assignments that require complex equipment.
He does not carry a flash unit. 'It goes against my sense of what
photography is all about,' he explains. Nor does he use reflector panels to
bounce light onto a subject in shade..."

"Abell recognizes that photography is a tool-based endeavor with a broad
array of prctitioners, and he does not pass judgement on photographers who
own all the latest equipment. Still, for the sake of efficiency and economy,
his own walk-around pack contains only a 28mm lens and a 90mm lens, two
camera bodies, and one film type. 'I'm interested in a certain kind of
picture, and I don't need sophisticated gear to take it,' he says."

I guess this doesn't really answer your question as to whether those lenses
are M's or R's but I thought you might find the excerpt interesting. With
his emphasis on compactness, I'm guessing M's.

Craig Semetko