Subject: RE: [Leica] @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:49:10 -0500

>     1: All solutions are mixed with distilled water
>     2: Final rinse wash in in distilled water
>     3: Small amount of PhotoFlo added to final wash
>     4: Negs hung up to dry, not squegeed

I know that some people like to use the PhotoFlo in a tank.  I do not.  I
take each negative strip out, put the clips on, and run them through 10
times back and forth through PF/water mix in a 5x7 white tray. I then hang
them up in my drying cabinet, heat is way down so it barely comes on, turn
the timer to 30.  They come out perfect.

One thing to watch out for, is residue ON the film...you might want to try
the 5x7 tray method, and squeegee the film with your two finders in the
tray, and see if any 'stuff' comes off the film.  If the film has ANY
residue at all on it, it'll be all over the film after it's dried.

I used to squeegee with my two fingers, but I hate scratches, and no matter
how clean I get my hands, there are always scratches...so to avoid
scratches, I do not squeegee any more.

What is the environment you 'hang (them) up to dry' in?