Subject: RE: [Leica] Tilley Two; The beginning
From: "Dave Richards" <dprichards@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:46:04 -0700

>Having made myself aware of the Tilley range for the first time, too, I was
>impressed by their underwear range
>(see http://www.tilleyuk.com/index2.asp)
>but mystified as to why they should have omitted any reports as to its
>useability for lens cleaning ;-)
>Seems like that should have been a pre-requisite of travel wear, surely?

Tilley underwear, the men's at least, has one virtue.  It drys overnight.
This means that you only need to take two or maybe three pair, wash out the
dirty ones in the hotel sink and they're ready to wear the next day.
However, unless you wear shirts and pants and socks that also can be washed
in the sink and dried overnight you will still have to do some real laundry
at some point.

Other than that they aren't very comfortable and they are pretty expensive.
 On the other hand, Tilley makes some other clothing that, while it's
pricey, it very durable and comfortable.

Dave Richards
Littleton, Colorado, USA
dprichards@qwest.net