Subject: RE: [Leica] OT: AF SLR Survey
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:47:23 -0500

In answer to your first musing, I for one do not feel that a discussion of
AF SLR kits is appropriate to this list, however it would seem that the
general answer is "Yes," because we have spent a lot of time mincing far
more remote topics on the LUG.  More appropriate questions might be, "Do you
back-up your Leica system with an auto focus?" " Why?"

To be honest, I feel that these open-ended "What do you [use] [buy]
[prefer]" threads are tedious and pretty inane.  While I understand that
others may find these discussions fascinating, to me they are a useless
exercise unless one is so insecure about her or his own knowledge, taste and
needs that she or he must have his or her opinions ratified by others.  Do
people really need others to tell them what to buy?  Can't most of us go to
a good shop and actually handle the gear to see what suits our needs?  Sure,
some people don't live near a well stocked shop, but I would expect one to
make the effort to get make some hands- and eyes-on exposure before making a
large investment in expensive gear.

	Buzz Hausner