Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Black Paint, Leitz Wetzlar Back on Top
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:55:56 -0800

Actually, I got hooked in a summer school class between 6th and 7th grade,
taught by Dr. Algirdis Vokietitis, who told us war stories from the
Lithuanian underground.  He showed us how they used 8x10 glass plate
negatives to photographically print articles since the printing presses had
been confiscated.  To stay OT, he used an M3 w/50 DR, 35mm w/eyes, and 135
2.8 w/eyes.  Not sure which 35mm.  When I remarked how much sharper his
prints were than those from my Hanimex Practica Nova 1B, he replied, "Of
course, eeez with Leica!"  His enlarging timer was:  "Aaand one, aaand two,
aaand three ..."

Tom

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] M6 Black Paint, Leitz Wetzlar Back on Top)