Subject: Re: [Leica] Tilley Two; The beginning
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:54:19 -0500

Greg Locke jotted down the following:

> I wasn't happy with my Tilley (an original white model) until it had been...
>
> dropped in a bucket of fish guts
> soaked in a muddy river
> covered in drilling fluid
> and run over by an armored car.
>
> ....NOW, it's just right :^)

Same here.  I died mine tea coloured, made a headband out of plaited
shoelaced, and beat it into the shape of a Fedora.  I hate the bog standard,
white Tilley hat.  Anyone tried dying one black?  Is the stitching cotton,
or will it remain white?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | "It's such a fine line between genious
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  and stupidity."
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |        -- David St. Hubbins

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Tilley Two; The beginning)