Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #58
From: Heavysteam@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:36:28 EST

<<However, not to theextent of switching lenses for some kind of out of focus esthetic effect,unless he's shooting peeling paint, rocks and ferns and non-breathingthings!The rest of us are far more concerned with capturing the magical moment of content and light!I generally shoot using the widest possible aperture and highest possible
shutter speed whenever I can make them work to give a correct,  or close to, correct exposure. Yep and backgrounds on many occasions are well out of
focus, but I still never related to it anymore than "being out of focus" as it should be. For esthetic value?  Never, never, never!
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited>>

I'm sorry Ted, but your whole premise is patronizing and a bit arrogant.  Bokeh and OOF control is widely used in photojournalism as a compositional tool, and underline the word tool.  The Bokeh and OOF attributes are fundamentally influenced by the choice of lens.   I've seen many photographers who suffer from "arrested development" and never progress past a certain point in their skills.  The fact that you dismiss these ideas shows that you seem comfortable with your skill set as-is and see no need to expand.   That's fine, but if these issues are not important to you, please don't be an internet troll by posting comments degrading those to whom they are important (to pick an argument.)   Don't you have anything positive to share?

Randy

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #58)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V19 #58)