Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 or 50mm as standard lens - the need for speed ?
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:31:35 -0500

on 1/24/01 4:29 PM, Peter Zak at pzak@desidero.com.au wrote:

> But I can only "invest" in one 'Lux - so which one to get ?
>
> As I used the 35 and 50 for some time I'm acquainted with their +/-'s, but
> what I'm hoping for is that someone can help clarify my own thinking with a
> well timed and worded comment...

Absolutely the 35. The 50 isn't a patch on it. The 35 is a world-beating
lens, while the 50 struggles wide open and (IMO) is due for a recomputation.

The 50 is a NICE lens. The 35 is a GREAT one.

I've considered selling my 50. I can't conceive of circumstances which did
not involve starvation or not having a roof in which I'd sell the 35...

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] 35 or 50mm as standard lens - the need for speed ?)