Subject: Re: [Leica] Chased By The Light by Jim Brandenburg
From: Shan <shan@montana.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 22:52:30 -0700

At 05:49 PM 1/21/01 -0800, Jim wrote:
>I have this book and it is great. Jim Brandenburg is to be trusted. He's
>the guy that lived with an arctic wolf pack and was accepted by the pack,
>photographed them extensively while in the middle of their den. I also had
>his 2000 Chased by the Light calender. Jim is a great photographer and had
>enough years of experience before Chased by the Light to be comfortable
>with photographing a frame a day and knowing for sure that he had on film
>exactly what he wanted.
>
>Like Ted. When the shutter goes click, it is there!
>
>Jim

Also realize that these were all taken in his "own back yard". Familiarity
breeds excellence (and confidence). For a large part he knew where he was
going and had a real good idea of what he was looking for. I too see no
reason for subterfuge.

Point is, I guess, goals are good. PAD, PAW, roll a day, frame a day, fom2,
or however you feel you can push your self. We're all doin' the same thing.

shan

shan

Message from Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com> ([Leica] for the record - it wasn't kyle who came up with the PAW idea)