Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.
From: Martin Howard <>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:05:36 -0500

Shan jotted down the following:

> I won't swear as to who it was, but I remember reading that (Stieglitz or
> HCB or ...) had a personal goal and routine of shooting a roll of twelve
> every day for exercise no matter what ! That's one way to get your "eyes"
> in shape.

I've recently hit on the idea that photography is a lot like music: taking
pictures is a lot like playing an instrument.  Unless you practice at it
constantly, you forget important nuances, you loose the 'flow'.

I firmly believe that the major difference between a good photographer and a
mediocre photographer is the difference between five rolls per week and five
weeks per roll.

- --
Martin Howard                     | Our ability to communicate far outways
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | our willingness to think critically
email:         | about what is being said.

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <> (Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)
Reply from "CCX Net" <> (Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)
Reply from Guy Bennett <> (Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)
Reply from Guy Bennett <> (Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)
Reply from Shan <> (Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <> (Re: [Leica] PAW, PAD etc.)