Subject: [Leica] Non-Leitz Leica-fit stuff
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:22:52 -0000

On the subject of Non-Leitz Leica-fit stuff, I pickep a couple of things
today at a camera fair, one was a very clean Staeble Telexon -L- (for
Leica) 90/5.6, nothing at all exotic, but then, neither is the next item
but I do find it curious.

A Hakosyn flash contact shoe, which attaches to the (screw) Leica's
accessory shoe and hold a switch which is actuated by the revolving shutter
speed dial, to which a small cam has been attached. These were quite
popular in the early days of flash photography compared to the cost of
having one's Leica professionally synced at the factory.

The reason why I'm curious is that up until today I had always thought
these had to be Japanese, because of the sound of the name, but they're
not. Clearly engraved on the device and the little aluminium box, is 'Made
in Germany'. 'Why, or how, on earth did a German company come up with a
name that sounds Japanese?' (HAKOSYN)

Any takers?

Jem

Replies: Reply from "Dante A. Stella" <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Non-Leitz Leica-fit stuff)