Subject: Re: [Leica] my first test with the 12/5.6
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 01:12:03 EST

Marc, in my mind Voigtlander is indeed selling stuff today. Cosina bought the
name from RingFoto/Germany and just as BMW owns Rolls Royce, VW owns Bentley
and , gasp! , Herme's owns 1/3 of Leica Camera AG, nobody really thinks that
the Bentley is a Beetle in disquise or the Rolls Royce is a BMW in sheep's
clothing or that Leica is just another name for overpriced scarves -
Voigtlander is alive and well, only operated under a new management and from
a different country. I would agree with you if the products were substandard,
but I think that the Voigtlander of old would be very proud of some of the
stuff Cosina produces under their name.
The truth might set you free, but international marketing makes the world a
rather interesting place.
Tom A

Replies: Reply from "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org> (Re: [Leica] my first test with the 12/5.6)