Subject: Re: [Leica] RE : FOM2
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:15:50 -0500

> Bernard Degaute wrote:
>> I think the photographs submitted to FOM2 must
>>be original ones, I mean never seen on a personal web site like PAW or
>>something else. Otherwise where is anonymity (if this point is critical for
>>the vote)?
>
> True to some extent at least in theory. I would still think that FOM2
> organisers have been unrestrictive in the ownership of the images. In other
> words, you can post your image in other sites and still put them up at
> FOM2. With so many websites that one can potentially visit, the chances of
> putting a name to an image in the FOM2 is in practice quite remote.
>
> Dan K.

Dan,

You are missing the point.

I think that to be fair about influencing the final judging we would want to
have our photos exclusive to FOM2. If I take a photo that is on my website
then put it on FOM2, anybody visiting both sites is obviously going to make
the connection to me, or anybody else doing the same thing. I know that I
have dozens of photos that are worthy of being on my site, but which are
not. So why not play by the rules and make it exclusive to the FOM2?

Steve
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au> (Re: [Leica] RE : FOM2)