Subject: Re: [Leica] Color printers, was Black and white printers
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:43:33 +0100

On 20 Jan 01, at 13:28, Henry Ambrose wrote:
> And its pretty much settled now.
> Read Epsons suggestions for display of these prints. If this does not
> please you then maybe buy something else.

From what I've read, the problem is with the dye, which is more
prone to environmental damage on some papers than others. The
cyan will fade on all papers, though faster on the older glossy
paper. Keep it away from ozone and whatever else and it ought to
be alright.

Seems like the choice is between the 12x0 with broader gamut,
dye based inks and possible fading problems and the 2000P with
smaller gamut pigmented inks and metamerism (worse on some
papers).