Subject: Re: Body focus was [Leica] RE: Cosina still at it
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:21:19 -0500 (EST)

David -

	You're right - it would affect *both* the RF and the film-plane
focus.  But since all non-50mm cammed lenses have nonlinear movement, the
RF and the focus can diverge if the film-flange distance is not right.
50mm lenses have a 1:1 correspondence between lens distance from film and
RF focus.  It's hard to explain easily, but the point is that with wide
and tele lenses, you can have problems if the adapter is too thick or
thin.

Cheers
Dante