Subject: Re: [Leica] .58 vierwfinder
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:36:54 -0800

>FWIW, I kinda like having those extra lines in there to help align with
>horizontal/vertical lines.  And, couldn't you approximate the 24mm by over
>crowding the 28mm lines?
>
>Tom

You certainly can, but it's not as practical as one might think. The
problem is that the 24 lens calls up the 35 framelines. To see the 28
brightlines, you need to manually call them up by using the frameline
preview, which doesn't lock the 28 brights into place. You therefore would
have to hold the 28 frames in place, hold the camera steady and take the
picture. That's something I find difficult to do.

Guy