Subject: Re: [Leica] .58 vierwfinder
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:40:03 +0800

on 18/1/01 9:13 am, Martin Howard at howard.390@osu.edu wrote:

> I doubt very, very much that there are any 135mm framelines in the .58 VF.
> Having a 24mm and 35mm frames at the same time would be no more distracting
> -- and no more stupid -- than having the 50mm and 75mm framelines in the
> same view.

Correct you are.

The 50 and 75 combination is IME distracting and one of the reasons M2s and
M4s remain so popular amongst users.

Tom A's elegant black tape based 24 frameline solution works for me better
than the mused-upon in-finder lines...

BTW the Hexar RF with a near identical VF magnification to the .58 M6 has
the 135 lines with the 35 ones.

Adrian
- --
Adrian Bradshaw