Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 or Autofocus?
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:24:41 -0600

rick-floyd@mediaone.net (Rick Floyd)1/17/016:43 PM

> be an exercise in frustration.

After using Nikon AF Glass on an F5 for a couple years,
specifically to "get" those action, sports shots, I finally gave
it up and went with the R8. Why? One of the reasons: The shots
never felt like mine. They felt like they were taken by the
camera. Returning to manual everything gave me back a sense of
"my" craft and ownership of the image.

The same thing comes up for me when I shoot color (which I don't
process or print). Ever since our local fine printer closed his
doors. I can't ever really get the color prints that I want. I
feel my black and white work belongs to me, total control, start
to finish.

Anyone else experience these feelings or is it just because I'm
over 50?

regards,

George

Replies: Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] PKL)