Subject: [Leica] M lens lengths + ASPH 28f2 hood
From: "Rob Studdert" <audiob@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:20:30 +1000

Hi,

In the process of measuring the lens length from the mounting flange of my
M lenses in order to design a case I noticed some interesting variations in
measurements vs printed specifications (users manuals and advertising
matter seemed to correlate).

In particular the:

Summicron-M 50f2 (11826) measured 46mm spec 43.5mm
Summilux-M 75f1.4 (11810)  measured 82.5mm spec 80.0mm
Summicron-M ASPH 90f2 (11884) measured 83.5mm spec 78mm

These are fairly significant differences, can anyone confirm the length of their
75 and 90 for me?

Also has anybody a clue if the yet-to-be released M ASPH 28f2 will have a
new dedicated hood or will use one of the existing models?

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110