Subject: [Leica] FOR SALE: Leica R8 (black) and APO-Macro-Elmarit R f/2.8/100mm le ns
From: Greg Scholl <Greg@CarlinVentures.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:18:11 -0500

I have decided to focus exclusively on M photography and sell my black R8
body and APO-macro-elmarit R f/2.8/100mm ROM lens.  $3,000 for both (I would
prefer not to sell them piece-meal but would consider).  Both have USA
warrantees that I have not yet filled in, thus purchaser would be the
warrantee holder and I suppose also apply for the rebate.  I have shot a
total of 2 rolls with the system to help decide whether to stick with my M
or the R.  To head speculation off at the pass, I am not a dealer.  In fact,
I have never sold a camera before in my life; the only reason the body &
lens are brand new is because my old R system was stolen and this R body and
lens is what I purchased with the insurance money (directly from a USA
dealer).  FYI I shoot primarily with an M6 and two lenses, the 35mm summilux
ASPH and the 90mm summicron ASPH (and I can't say enough good things about
either of them, or the M6 for that matter).  I would also consider cash +
either the M 24mm elmarit ASPH or M 135mm APO-telyt.

Please contact me off-list if you are interested.  My email is
<greg@carlinventures.com>.

Thanks,
- --Greg