Subject: [Leica] re: Re-computed 50mm Summilux
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:44:08 EST

<<

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:00:20 -0500

From: "Emanuel Lowi" <mano@proxyma.net>

For my money, the nicest handling and best-performing 50mm Leica M lens I
have ever

owned is the new, recently released 50mm Summilux-M in black paint. Solms got
it

right with this one. No doubt my grandchildren will agree when I leave it to
them

(heavily used).  :-)

Emanuel Lowi

Montreal>>

Hey E,

How does the BP 50 Summilux "handle differently" than the current 50f1.4? I
have yet to have received one of these and I only touched it for a moment at
Photokina...but it sure looked just about the same???

Does it have a different focus ring?

cheers,
rich