Subject: Re: [Leica] The Joy of BD's Darkroom --- DG darkroom
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 06:12:05 +0000

Julian

I am merely letting my imagination run wild a bit. A CDROM will probably be
able to survive an E-bomb attack but I wonder if there's any hardware or
software or PC circuitry left to run it? Even the phone lines and your
handphone would be dead.

My mechanical M6 (now a glorified M-P, perhaps sans meter) and my automatic
Seiko will still be working. Seems like life will still go on but like one
century ago.

Dan K.

julianthomas.terra.es wrote:
>But what happens if you take the image on Leica M, archivally proof it to
>hard copy, save it on a cdrom? I'm not saying don't do wet photography - I
>love it, but there is a place for high end digital printing, just as there
>is a place for LF photography, alternate printing techniques etc There are
>loads of luggers who digitally print and get great results - BD, John
>Brownlow, Tina, Doug, the list goes on. But you are right in saying that the
>processes of digital printing would not enthrall your daughter inthe same
>way.
>
>Julian
>> To me there's nothing like a hard copy and IMO silver halide is the way to
>> archival(ity). One day, an E-bomb might just pop in your vicinity and
>> that's sayonara to all your digital images, palmtop info and circuitry in
>> your N**** and C**** masterpieces. My Leica-M will still go on strong
>> clicking away.
>>
>> Dan K.

     When the going gets too easy, one may be going downhill.

Replies: Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] How I came to love the EBomb)