Subject: [Leica] summary of ebay advice
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:05:01 -0500 (EST)

hey kids -- i asked for, and received, great advice for selling a camera
and related crap on ebay. i'll summarise here:

1) always seperate units, let people know you have related items in other
auctions, as in "i'm selling a finder too, check my other auctions"

2) items with a low value (such as my ugly mr meter) can be thrown in with
the big ticket item and add the word "free" as in "buy this camera, and
i'll throw in this ugly MR meter "free".

3) you MAY get a better price with no reserve. however, a safe bet is to
put a reserve on the item and start with a rediculously low starting price
like fifty cents.

4) say the buyer pays shipping and you will ship internationally.

5) accept pay pal.

6) don't sell the screwmount to M adapter, you'll need it later probably.

7) include pictures, excruciating closeups, of the damaged parts. people
will bid higher if they think you're extremely honest.

one thing nobody wrote about though, when should i schedule the auction to
end? after working hours in the states? or convenient hours in japan?!

anyway, thanks to everybody for the advice.

kyle