Subject: RE: [Leica] viewing contact sheets
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:10:09 -0500

> Now that we've decided what kind of loupes to use: what kinds of light
> setups do folks use?
>
> More specifically: if I'm using my loupe with the translucent skirt to
> examine a contact sheet that is on my desk, when I lean over it I block
> the light.

Frank mentioned using a lightbox much as you would slides or negatives, and
having just purchased a Porta-Trace 11x18" unit, I tried this out and
absolutely love it!  I didn't think it would work, but the backlighting
illuminates the frame quite well and makes it easy to look at through a
loupe.

Dan