Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R 24mm f2.8 & 180mm f4 questions
From: "Sander van Hulsenbeek" <vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:23:17 +0100

My ten years - 1988-1998 - experience with the R24mm tells my it is a fine
lens, without a doubt.

 I made my best pictures with it and it stayed on my R5 almost like its
standard lens. I might even say - yes I know, inviting flames and all - that
it offers less vigneting than my love of today, the M24mm, probably due to
retrofocus design. And its close focusing capabilities are a delight.

And I always understood that the R180 Elmar is a dudd.  Which pales besides
the 3.4 Apo.

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam
Hoilland