Subject: RE: [Leica] Anybody use the 75 summilux on a .72x M6?
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 05:22:43 -0500

> I would love to find out if it is possible to make
> a mask for the 75/1,4 that would work on a M3 - even if I had to
> sacrifice the 90 or even the etched 50 mm frame — it would be a great
> combination.

That's my fantasy, too, but for the M6 (the dotted line frame just doesn't do it for me, and I'm too used to the built-in meter to give it up).

The calibration issue is odd.  I'll be interested to test my new 75 with my six month old M6 and see how it fares at .75 m.  My 50 at f2 and .7 m has been spot on--but that provides a generous 2.2 cm DOF, compared to only 7.6 mm for the 75, f1.4, at .75 m!

Dan