Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: A Manifesto
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 18:47:40 -0800

Douglas Cooper wrote:

> > 1. Images must not move.
> > 6. Nothing beautiful, except by accident.
> > 2.2 A person must inhabit every shot.
> > 4. Input analogue, output digital.
> > 5. No staged action
> >
> > 5. Images must not titillate, except by accident.
> > 9. Eschew autofocus.
> > 7. Natural or found light.
> > 8. Slow-speed or negative film, color.
> >
> > 10. Let there be a hand-held meter, or no meter at all.

Great graphics on that site!
But on a conceptional level if that happens to be where ones head is at…
it ain't where mine is at.
I react against lists like this perhaps.
I always say  "why not"
if i did a film i might do them like Jarmush did with never a moving camera.
Solid shots with no zooms.

I love gorgeous shots of gorgeous people, specifically women. Yep I'm a sucker
for that stuff.
I love shots of tide pools.
Love to take walks in the rain...
love darkroom prints AND inkjets.
I think I disagree with every damn thing on this list. I've checked it twice!
what a coincidence!!
meter's in cameras are no good? what bullshit!!!!

mark :) rabiner

updated temporary Website by "Foxy": http://spokenword.to/rabiner/
(consisting of late night E-mail descriptions of photos)