Subject: [Leica] Re: R equipment and its future
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 09:09:05 -0800 (PST)

"Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com> wrote:

> My only hesitation stems from the possibility that there may never be
> a digital back or body for R lenses.

Bah humbug.  Plan for the future, but live for today.  If you postpone
everything because of what might happen next year, you'll never buy
into a system.  Everything will become obsolete.  Everything.  That's
why you don't see people these days using 50 year old cameras to take
pictures.  Err...wrong point.  :)

Who is to say what lenses will be compatible with the digital backs of
the near future?  Canon has already shown that it will change its lens
mount.  I wouldn't count on Nikon not doing the same in the future.  I
wouldn't count on *any* company pursuing a course of action beneficial
to me.  Buy what you need/want for today.  And then just go out and
shoot, like Ted says.  Spend all your time worrying about future
details that may never happen, and you won't have any time to burn
through film today!