Subject: Re: [Leica] highquailty porn
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:19:28 EST

In a message dated 12/4/00 6:01:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
john@pinkheadedbug.com writes:

<< And I never read a
 single word of his that implied he had ever questioned his method, or looked
 into his soul to find a picture. There is no sense of struggle, except the
 technical struggle he certainly won. What does that leave me with? The
 uncomfortable sense that I am looking at, if not pornography, then the
 photographic equivalent of, like I say, Singer Sargeant, Tschaikowsky or the
 later Wordsworth. Magnificent wallpaper. >>

Presumably, the reference to Tchaikowsky relates to the previous post
concerning only the 1812 Overture.  The comment would not be even remotely
applicable to his body of work as a whole, nor to his approach to either his
life or his music.

Joe Sobel

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] highquailty porn)