Subject: [Leica] Re: Teaching Aid
From: Bill Lawlor <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:59:59 -0800

This morning I was teaching my Advanced Placement Psychology class
about the human eye. I explained that the iris opens and constricts
as appropriate to the light level "just like a camera lens". Then I
discovered none of my students had any idea how the aperture changed
in a camera lens. Out of the book bag came the M3, off came the 50
Summi and a teaching moment was underway. (No I, was not willing to
pass the lens around the room).

Perhaps there are tax experts on the LUG who can advise me about
deductions available for future expenditures on instructional aids. I
could demonstrate the significant difference between F1.0 and F3.4
APO devices, for example.

Would the robust quality of Leitz instructional aids mean a 100 year
amortization schedule?

Can these instructional aids be used with slide projectors?

Does CoE matter to the IRS?

Bill Lawlor