Subject: Re: [Leica] Country of origin
From: Ted <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:04:57 -0800

Alan Hull wrote:-------------------------

> [...]
army, using German built weapons and machinery, far superior to anything
else in Europe, sliced through the Dutch, British, and French armies like a
hot knife through butter not so long ago<<<<<

Excuse me good sir,

You are talking about along time ago and possibly before you were born.
What you say for that time of the Century is  true, however it has nothing
to do with Leica Using or manufacturing as it stands today. And for those
times, it had everything to do the with "amount of equipment and the
numbers trained for war!"   However, it still has nothing to do with the
world of today nor the global economy of the year 2000!

by Germans, the product they make is indistinguishable from the genuine
article.  That is a piece of politically correct BS.  !<<<<<<

May I then sir,  take your comment  to mean  the Canadian's of Midland
Canada,  many trained by "technical experts from Wetzlar" made inferior
Leica's because they rode to work on dog sleds and slept in igloos?  Or
perhaps Canadian's are inferior to German workers?  It would appear that's
what your saying by inferring other nationals, even though trained to the
same high technical level of the quality expected of a German worker, can't
accomplish the same production skills because they are of another race ?

Am I reading your message correctly?

Hopefully  I'm in error sir, as it will be my National duty to defend the
people of this country by introducing you to your church choir master after
your operation, as the new soprano just in time for the Christmas season!
I trust this wont create an international incident for you.  However,  I
await your response on the credibility of Canadian craftsmanship!    Have a
nice day taking pictures with your leica wherever it may have been
assembled .

That's what I'm going to do,  hopefully  alleviating the stupidity of this
complete idiocy of who makes better Leica's!

regards,
ted Grant

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Country of origin)