Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL flash spontaneously discharges sometimes
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 18:58:58 +0800

on 25/11/00 12:36 PM, Mark Rabiner at mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com wrote:

> how about the pencil eraser trick on all the contacts of the flash and the
> hotshoe?
Worth trying but not IMHO the root of this problem: I believe the cause of
poor contact is the size of the shoe and the tendency for the flash to lever
itself out, especially large flashes like the Metz 40 (which is what I use).
It needs to be totally tightened down - I got into bad habits after using
the EOS system whose flashes are not so sensitive to being tightened on the
camera or not.

Best solution is to use no flash...

Rs

Adrian