Subject: [Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes
From: Andy Schaub <andy@borehamwood.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 22:30:32 -0800

I have my eye on the 60 MM Leica-R macro lens but cannot afford one right
now. I thought I might get a set of short extension tubes to use with my 50
MM lens increasing my range to at least 1:3 or 1:4 if not 1:2; but I can
find no extension tubes except for the standard 25 MM one (which I have)
intended for use with the 60 MM lens. Any ideas? Reading old posts, it
seems that the 60 MM has clear advantages over the 100 MM and the 100 MM
fixed focus with the bellows in terms of sharpness and flexibility,
respectively. So I would rather save my money for the 60 if I can find any
way of "adapting" the 50 in the short term. (I have an R 6.2.)

Thanks,
Andy

Replies: Reply from "Bill Christensen" <billc@xsite.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica-R Extension Tubes/100 Macro)