Subject: [Leica] Build Quality
From: Thomas Donovan <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:17:42 -0500

Erwin Puts;

I just read your article "Assembly & Examination
of the Elements" in the 8/2000 issue of LEICA
Fotografie; I thought it was quite interesting.

You make the comment at the end of the article;
"we find that the production of a Leica lens can
take up to two full working days". That's a chunk
of serious quality labor ;-)!

My question is twofold; how does that compare
with other manufacturers & what can we expect
as Leica users for a "life cycle" ratio over & above
other makes? Any ideas?

Perhaps; just trying to further rationalize the $s
spent on Leica gear ;-)!

Tom D.