Subject: Re: [Leica] I go historical/Walt
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:22:39 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:30:27 EST ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:
> Your remarks regarding erwin were uncalled for and really rude. Arthur

No disagreement there......
BTW, my life and work are an open book..as for Erwin,...I'm still asking:

WHO is Erwin?
What is Erwin?
WHO does he work for (in connection to Leica, of course...)

I'm not asking for "degrees".....the man OBVIOUSLY is well educated and
intelligent...(I work at a university...degrees are a dime a dozen)

Oh, BTW, I'm not easily impressed with rhetoric and "formal" education.
....we have PHd's all over Texas pumping gas and frying up grilled cheese....I
wouldn't let MOST of them trim my trees or wash my car.....

I was the subject of the snide "pentax" comments by Erwin....yes, I stand
by ALL my statements....a Pentax 50mm 1.7, mirror up, tripod, on USABLE
film (NOT tech pan) is INDISTINGUISHABLE from Leica, etc....
not bad for a $25 lens...and as for the "bokeh" bullshit, I TOTALLY
agree with Erwin...why aren't all of you attacking him over this?

Whether or not you like Erwin (I probably would, actually)...should be irrevalent...
I >LIKE< many of my peers, but we argue continually...that's part of progress....
This "my way or the highway" doesn't cut it here in Texas -- It's bullshit --when
you sign on to a group with the sophistication of the LUG, and start making
volatile comments (these folks take their Leica toys quite seriously), you better
be able to take the heat...this weenie crap of "I'm gonna leave and you'll be
sorry" quit working when we were 12.

I get on here and other groups for open discussion...not to make friends....
I can go to any church and have "unconditional" friends....

Good Riddance, Erwin....welcome back when your emotional age equals half
of your intellectual age...

Anyway, Arthur, thanks for the reply...agree to disagree?

Walt