Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a thought
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:45:56 -0400

> You may be right but I don't know how many inkjet prints are being now snatched
> up by serious collectors like silver prints are.
> If Ralph Gibson has gone digital than that must be the case though. I have yet
> to see an inkjet print on a gallery wall.
> Mark rabiner

And by the way, just for the record, what are being snatched up by collectors are not "silver prints," but prints of work
by certain established and collectible photographers who have always printed in the "traditional" manner. When collectors
30 years from now are snatching up prints by those who are then the collectible photographers, those prints will be
digital - and will be just as highly valued as are silver prints today.

Don't get me wrong - I think good silver prints are beautiful. But I also think that it's pretty obvious that the times,
they are a changin... (hey! that might make a good song!) :-)

B. D.

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Just a thought)