Subject: Re : [Leica] Contact sheet with HCB ...
From: "Bernard Degaute" <bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 12:29:05 +0200

Martin: I watched the first installment and was very disappointed.
>The name 'contact sheet with....' is a great misnomer. You never saw
>the photographer, and he did not comment on any contact sheet. At
>times you could hear his voice from some old interview mumbling in
>the background, but overlaid by the voice of a french woman talking
>in that arty kind of a voice some women use when they recite poems. I
>am all for subtitles, like we both know them from Swedish cinemas and
>TV. The title 'contact sheet' obviously was used as title because a
>great numer of (sometimes small) photos were shown at terrific speed.
>Anyway, I'll get you the address on where to buy the DVDs when I
>watch the next program, if I watch it. Otherwise try  arte's website,
>I have not got the URL but it should be arte.com or arte-tv.com or
>something similar.
>
>I will also get you the ordering adress for those tapes where
>photographes do comment on their contact sheet if you want me to. But
>these are French tapes, and as such unlikely to be bilingual. It be a
>week or so before I can get it.
>
>How is your car? Do you use your Heliar on a M6? What make is the
>ring between the M6 and the Heliar? If it is Leitz, do you get the
>infinity mark at 12 o'clock? Mine is at one o'clock.
>- --
>Christer Almqvist
>D-20255 Hamburg, Germany and/or
>F-50590 Regnéville-sur-Mer, France
>
>------------------------------

Like Christer Almqvist, I've been very disappointed by the first issue of
"Contact sheet" because instead of  contact sheet you only see a fast review
of known photos rather like a caption stand and the comment is dull. I tell
you more this Sunday after the second issue. But for the moment I wouldn't
spoil 1$ for a DVD. The previous serie "Les cent photos du siècle"
(something like "The Century in 100 pictures", in German too) was much
better.
The URL of Arte is http://www.arte-tv.com/ (in French and German).

Bernard

bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be