Subject: [Leica] Re: Late night musings after a long but interesting day.
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:40:09 -0700

On 20 Oct 2000, Mark Rabiner wrote, at least in part:

> Shooting with a Leica at all? Throw us a bone! Gary Todoroff
> asked you this yesterday offhandedly, I'm just being direct.

Doesn't really matter whether he is or not. If he's interested in
Leica, at all, he's welcome. I would, however, offer a guess of
why Mike does enjoy intercourse about Leica. My guess is that
the marque isn't the main reason he's here. I'd say that Leica
folk, more than any other group of photographers, are
loquacious, opinionated, stubborn, sensitive, gregarious and
knowledgable. Hell, you gotta be all those things if you're going
to sit around and obsess over the hardware that takes the
picture as we do.

The amazing thing is that we *do* take some great snaps, in
spite of our singlemindedness over equipment. Where *some*
users of other marques will pay similar attention to the tools of
their craft, it is a *rare* Leica shooter who doesn't! The very
nature of the equipment and its price dictate a fraternity of
users of which I am tickled to be a part. May it ever be thus!

- --
Roger, List-Owner
The LEG (Leica Enthusiasts Mailing List)
http://www.topica.com/lists/leica