Subject: [Leica] Friday FS
From: crispinv@uclink4.berkeley.edu
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 16:47:51 -0700

for sale

     Leica Noctilux 50 f/1, #3114059.  This is the second version,
     which takes the hood #12539.  The hood is no longer with us
     however, only the lens, with front and rear caps.  The glass
     is crystal clear.  Looking through the lens into a bright
     light, there are tiny cleaning marks (and by tiny, I mean
     completely invisible unmagnified from a head on view of the
     lens) around the edges of the glass, and a couple specks of
     internal dust.  Barrel has a couple tiny pinponts on the
     ribbed fousing and f-stop rings that the paint has been
     nicked, but this is not very noticable.  Cosmetically and
     opticaly, it really still is a nice lens, and its taken some
     great pictures for me.  Selling it because i don't use it
     enough.  Ok . . well if that were the real reason I've got
     alot more camera stuff i should sell . . . no, I'm selling it
     becuase the real world gets in the way of my acquisition of
     photo equipment, asking that money be filtered eleswhere than
     into my camera bag. Looking for $1300, plus actual cost of
     shipping/insurance.

     also:

     Abrahamsson Rapidwinder, in black, for M4-2, M4-P, M6.  Maybe
     used for all of 15 rolls.  I'm right eyed, and while it made
     advancing the flim faster, I learned that I don't need faster
     film advance.  New looking outside, although there are a
     couple spots that are shinier than others on the bottom, but
     not very noticable.  There are three small chips (less than
     1mm sq) of the black enamel on the top surface of the winder
     that becomes the inside of the bottom of the camera.  Works
     perfectly.  $280, plus real shipping costs.

     and:

     Rollei 35 SE, black, made in Singapore, 40 f/2.8 sonnar lens.
     Glass clean and clear, with a small mark in the coating, no
     dings, shallow 7.5mm scratch on the bottom back corner, on the
     side away from the "made by Rollei singapore inscription".
     The retractable lens barrel is completely unmarked.  The end
     of the film advance lever is brassed.  Shutter speeds all
     sound good, except for maybe the half second, which seems to
     hang up just a bit- its still less than a second by a good
     bit, but I'm pretty sure its running more than a 1/2.  Meter
     checks with my M6 and a 35mm lens.  Comes with a wrist strap,
     a vinyl case that has a beltloop and two small (less than 1
     cm) tears on the front, and the rubber folding lens hood.  It
     also comes with a rollei lens cap that does not fit-- it's
     just a tiny bit too big to stay on.  I don't use this camera
     enough either.  I originaly bought it as a p&s to have in the
     camera bag, loaded with color film, largely becuase it was
     tiny and had an onboard meter.  The scale focusing always
     bothered me, though, and my IIIa took its place, using my M6
     as a $2000 outboard meter.  Its nice little camera, but a
     little too little for me.  Looking for $250 + real
     shipping/insurance.

     ok . . . I'd prefer to take payment via paypal.  But i can
     prolly deal with personal checks, cashiers checks/money
     orders-- basicaly anything.  I think I've done a good job
     representing these items, but i know buying items sight unseen
     from persons unknown can be alarming, so if you get it and its
     not what you were exepcting you can send it back.  Ok . .
     thanks for looking!

     Crispin Van Buer
     crispinv@uclink4.berkeley.edu